Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's that time again

Every time I decide to get a new job, I need to lock myself up in a dungeon for a week to prepare. It happened last time. Kelley is enjoying a beautiful day and I'm home... PREPARING.
This is the only way to do it. Our weekends have been very busy and I get home at 9:30pm from work, every day.

I really feel that I've grown as an artist in the past year. For example, my old resume was very colorful and had graphics thrown around everywhere. My name was on the page upside down ( he he )... It looked "horsey" and now that I've looked at it again, I can say that it was ugly.

My current resume... fucking minimalistic genius!

In the past 20 months, I've learned:

1) Embrace minimalism.
2) Everyone is either too stupid or too busy to figure anything out.
3) Flash is dead.
4) Never justify fully, it causes rivers in the text!
5) Requesting a head shot of anyone is useless, they never have one.

But seriously, I have found my calling. I need to go into advertising.
I really love coming up with concepts.

I think this job search will go well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home